Our summer semester of Math 11 is about to begin!
My goal for these five weeks is for all students in the class to be successful in meeting their goals. I really think this can happen if everyone is committed to working hard -- remember it's only 5 weeks!
I will use this blog to post links to help you keep up with the course, as well as solutions to rehearsal tests and other material that I would normally give as handouts. Maybe we can save a few trees and taxpayer dollars.
Please use the comment box to ask questions or to add links that you have found useful.
To start, the Khan Academy has on-line exercises and video lessons to help you review many topics. You will need a Google account to access the exercises. By Monday, you should aim to be proficient in these areas:
Multiplying fractions
Dividing fractions
Least common multiple
Equivalent fractions
Adding and subtracting fractions
Multiplying and dividing negative numbers
Adding and subtracting negative numbers
Order of operations
Linear equations 1
Linear equations 2
Linear equations 3
Linear equations 4
Multiplying expressions 1
Graphing points
Line graph intuition
Another good resource is Purple Math
Let's see if shots of the board show up -- if so, I could post shots of board notes so that students who don't want to watch and listen and write all at the same time can still have a record of the notes.
Hmmm -- not to bad, eh?
Does anyone want to volunteer to be the board shot recorder?

No comments:
Post a Comment